- Difficulty: Bassa
- 250 g of spelt
- 150 g of bacon “Pancetta Tesa Levoni”
- 1 celery,1 carrot and 1 onion
- 100 g of ripe tomatoes
- grated “ricotta secca di Norcia”
- extra virgin olive oil
- some drops of chili pepper oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2,5 l of water
Keep the spelt in the water for at least 6 hours. In the meanwhile, fry over low heat oil and bacon, the minced celery, carrot and onions; add the tomatoes without their skin and seeds. Add the water and cook for at least one hour, until the broth will be reduced at one half.
Whisk the broth and pour it in the pot, boil it, add the spelt and cook for about 30 minutes, mixing well.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve the soup when it is hot and add chili pepper oil and some grated dry ricotta of Norcia.
Find the best stores near to you!