- Difficulty: Media
- 600 g of homemade pappardelle
- 1 small domestic duck (about 1 kg)
- 1 kg of ripe tomatoes
- 150 g of Parma Dop Don Romeo Levoni raw ham
- 50 g of butter
- 30 g of parsley
- half glass of extra virgin oil Chianti Classico Dop
- one glass of Vernaccia of San Gimignano
- 5 spoons of Grana Padano
- 1 small celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- sage, basil, salt, pepper
Pluck and empty the duck, burn it a bit to singe the small feathers, cut it into regular pieces leaving aside the liver, wash them thoroughly and dry. Wash the tomatoes, open them and remove the seeds.
Put in a saucepan the sliced carrot, onion, celery, parsley, sage, basil and the ham.
Pour some oil in the saucepan and then place the pieces of duck: make them roast for some minutes, turning them around on both sides and spread with some white wine.
When the wine will be evaporated, add the chopped tomatoes, the liver of the duck, salt and pepper, and cook at low flame for about one hour and a half.
Cook the pappardelle, drain and pan-fry them before serving.
Find the best stores near to you!